At Dynamic Health, we offer sports rehabilitation services to assist athletes in need of a competitive edge or those recovering from a sports injury. We are equipped to work with a full range of athletes: from those who just want to perfect their form to those who have suffered a major injury and are ready to try to get back in the game.
Still, we recognize that sports injuries can be traumatic, and the road to recovery isn’t always easy, especially for athletes who dedicate their lives to competition. We’ve compiled a list of resources that may help you better understand your sports injury, learn to cope with sitting on the sidelines, and provide you peace of mind as we work together to find your rehab solution.
Coping With Sports Injuries: Advice and Discussion
- This post from Active offers 4 Key Strategies for Dealing With an Injury. This includes suggestions to maintain perspective, do your rehab exercises, focus on the positive and adjust your eating habits to match your activity level.
- This guide from FamilyDoctor.org provides advice on preventing and identifying your sports injuries, as well as taking good care of yourself when you have one.
- If you’re feeling a little blue in the midst of your sports injury, you are most certainly not alone. Read this article from U.S. News for strategies to cope with depression associated with reduced activity level and anxiety from being away from your sport.
- This essay from Competitive Advantage explores the effect of sports injuries on your identity, starting with the function of the sport in your life, discussing the consequences of an injury on this function and ultimately providing some great tips for moving past the mental pain caused by suffering a sports injury.
- For something a little more inspirational, check out these 7 Powerful Stories of Recovery After Injury from the TEDBlog. From Olympians, to brain scientists, to renowned documentarians, this collection of Ted Talks contains some really powerful messages about recovery and persistence.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation Services at DHPM
Injuries are always frustrating, but we can help with your progress at Dynamic Health. Whether you are a recreational runner or an elite athlete preparing for competition, we can create a plan that will work for you to correct your injuries and maximize your performance ability.